- Call 864.574.7724 to schedule group visits of 10 or more people
- Please register TWO WEEKS prior to your visit
- We accept no more than 100 visitors at one time
Please call the Garden Office at 864.574.7724 to schedule group visits of 10 or more people. By registering, you help us avoid overbooking and allow us a valuable means of tracking visitation.
Please complete registration at least two weeks in advance of your visit.
To ensure the quality of tours and safety, Hatcher Garden can only effectively handle a maximum of 100 students/visitors at one time. Tour groups can accommodate a maximum of 25 students and 3 adults in each group. Teachers with more than 25 students will be asked to divide their group.
- Self Guided Tour: Hatcher Garden has a paved, wheelchair accessible quarter mile path through the Garden. Educational and interpretive signs are along the path with numerous plant identification labels. Many woodchip trails branch off the paved path and beg to be explored!
- Volunteer Garden Guide Tour: Volunteer tour guides provide a 45 minute tour of the Garden. You will learn the history of the Garden, the future of the Garden and see our horticulturist's top plant picks for that season.
- Educational Program Tour: Hatcher Garden has partnered with the Spartanburg Science Center and the Watershed Ecology Center of the University of South Carolina-Upstate to provide educational programs within Hatcher Garden.
These programs are an excellent resource for schools and scouting organizations. These tours also work well for birthday parties.
Teachers should note that South Carolina State Curriculum Standards are addressed through these Educational Field Trips. To schedule programs and learn about fees, click here.
- Self guided tours are available at no charge. Remember to call 864-574-7724 at least 2 weeks ahead.
- Volunteer Garden Guide Tours are $2 per participant. Payment should be mailed prior to the tour.
- Educational programs are $3 fee per student. Teachers and parents at no cost. Click here for more information.
Mail Payments to:
PO Box 2337
Spartanburg, SC 29304-2337
For more information, contact the Hatcher Garden Office at (864) 574-7724
NOTICE: While on the grounds at Hatcher Garden, you are under your own cognizance. Please be aware that you are in a natural setting and there are factors beyond our control. We cannot be responsible for falling limbs, acts of God, behavior of wild animals, etc. For your safety and the safety of our aquatic life, stay out of the water, streams and off the rocks. Please do not disturb the wildlife. Thank you for your responsible behavior.